Should I return my Intensity Pro 4K?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Greg Rockey

Should I return my Intensity Pro 4K?

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 6:39 am

I just bought the card in hopes of streaming some console games, namely the Nintendo Switch, but have had nothing but issues. It seems whenever I try to plug in the console and it shows up in any of the software I used, OBS, Xsplit, Blackmagic Media Express, the input switches to I believe 480p be default with no real way to get it to switch to 1080p through the console. Also the pass through displayed on my TV is extremely shaky, to the point it was giving me a migrane. I also tried seeing if it was just the console so I ran a few other devices through to see if it was the console's fault but ran into the same issue with my PS4 and PC monitor. I've tried changing settings with the Desktop Video Setup, but I have not found anything that works to fix the shaking. It seemed as if the capture was decent quality, but the passthrough, terrible. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Should I return my Intensity Pro 4K?

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 12:25 am

Is there HDCP coming from either console? If there is, you won't see an image with our products as we are compliant with copyright protection laws.

Another thing, test only with Media Express open and then click the Log and Capture tab to see if you can see an image within the preview window. You can also adjust the format within the menus for what the signal should be going into the unit.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Larry Masters

Re: Should I return my Intensity Pro 4K?

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 12:31 am

I think the switch outputs 720p. I have seen a lot of people having issues with the switch and I plan to refuse the delivery of mine tomorrow after watching some of the reviews.

Return to Getting Started