XLR Mic recording on DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

AnarchoPrimitiv

XLR Mic recording on DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Is it possible to connect an XLR 3-pin microphone to the DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G for audio recording? Obviously I don't see an XLR port on the card so I assume this would be accomplished via an adapter of some sort? Any help would be appreciated, I'm looking into purchasing the DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, and I'd like to know if it could solve my audio recording requirements, or if I will require even more hardware. Also, if anyone can recommend another hardware solution for XLR recording, I'm definitely open to any recommendations, however, if possible I'd prefer such a component to connect to my PC internally via a PCIe slot instead of USB or Thunderbolt. Now, I do have the Sound Blaster ZxR sound card which does have a 1/4" analog audio input, RCA input, TOSLINK in and it has really high quality ADCs, so would it be simplier to purchase an XLR to 1/4" converter to record audio through the sound card?

Return to Getting Started