New & just saying hello

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Kevin Pierce

New & just saying hello

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 am

Hello,

I'm a new user of DaVinci Resolve 12.5 and the BMCC 2.5k, which I recently purchased used on Ebay to see how I like the Blackmagic cameras (before I go out and purchase a new one), and I'm already LOVING it. I had already been using DaVinci Resolve with my 5D mk II and already knew my way around the software fairly well, but now having 13 stops available and working with RAW files and being able to make all these changes "after the fact" is just totally awesome. I'm in the process of trying to expand my knowledge of DaVinci Resolve 12.5, to which I have taken a course on Udemy and found several people with videos on youtube that seem to specialize in Resolve videos, but if anybody knows any other places to really learn (in addition to the humongous manual which I'm also reading slowly) please let me know. Thanks !

Denny Smith

Re: New & just saying hello

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 2:20 am

Hi, and welcome Kevin! You should also check out the new Resolve 14, just released in Beta today.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Kevin Pierce

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 5:38 am

Thanks Denny, I've read through quite a few of your posts here in the getting started section and already learned a few new things. I just downloaded Resolve 14 Beta, so would you suggest I uninstall 12.5 first before installing 14 free version ? I don't have the most powerful pc in the world but it runs 12.5 just fine and the minimum specs looked about the same so I don't see why it won't run just fine.

Erik Wittbusch

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 am

Welcome!

I won't touch V14 before it's out of beta for any jobs. It's got more issues than you want. Stay at 12.5.

You can read the very extensive manual. It's a great one really.

Then there's Mixing Light and Ripple Training. Both awesome learning platforms.

Return to Getting Started