The most basic issue: Power

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Kristin Harwell

The most basic issue: Power

PostSun May 21, 2017 6:03 pm

We have just purchased the Web Presenter and spent literally hours troubleshooting why Windows was not recognizing the device as present, hence OBS doesn't show it as a device when setting up a source.

It's not staying powered on. We've tried multiple power cords (computer/printer IEC cords), different outlets and we get a brief flicker of a green light, then nothing.

What are we overlooking here? Could the fuse have blown? What else can we try? We are at a total loss.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristin Harwell

Re: The most basic issue: Power

PostTue May 23, 2017 12:42 am

SOLVED. Blackmagic support was able to assist this morning, and applying firmware 1.2 fixed whatever power issue there was. It was powering,just the light wasn't coming on. Thanks!

Talent

Re: The most basic issue: Power

PostMon Jun 08, 2020 8:24 pm

Kristin Harwell wrote:SOLVED. Blackmagic support was able to assist this morning, and applying firmware 1.2 fixed whatever power issue there was. It was powering,just the light wasn't coming on. Thanks!

Iam having the same challenge bro , the fan is just running but my windows computer is not detecting it. Iam wondering if there is a way I can update the software when the device is not recognised by my pc. Please help.

Return to Getting Started