Noob laptop reco for DV12.5 vlogging

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Garner Quain

Noob laptop reco for DV12.5 vlogging

PostMon May 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi there, just looking for anyone's recommendations re: a budgety laptop to use as a mobile vlogging workstation. Drone/DSLR/GP5 capture, likely working with 1080p files, nothing crazy, just fun content for YT. Been using DR 12.5 on home w/s with no issues (and loving it), W10/4GB R9290/i56700K/16GB, so trying to emulate that...would appreciate any thoughts or a redirection to an old thread if I missed it.

Sort of hard to figure out what constitutes minimum mobile specs, it's obviously subjective to an extent. As it is, I'm capable of rendering files slightly faster than real-time, so looking for something similar to that.

Thanks,
G

Xtreemtec

Re: Noob laptop reco for DV12.5 vlogging

PostTue May 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Miniumum specs is always hard.. If you look at the Resolve configuration guide there is in the first few pages what you need / recommended to run Resolve..

But those specs nowere match your current machine.. :lol:

Just find the laptop that has the most power (also grafich card) Lot of memory and 2 SSD's preffered.. that meets your budget.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started