Desktop Video Installer v10.9.3 install fail

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

David Brain

Desktop Video Installer v10.9.3 install fail

PostFri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 pm

I have the Intensity Shuttle USB3 and am trying to install the Desktop Video v10.9.3 software I just downloaded. The version that came with the Intensity Shuttle was slightly older (v10.5.2). Neither version installs.

I am installing to a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS. The install gets part way through and halts with the following error, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

When I looked in the windows application event log, I found, "Product: Blackmagic Design Desktop Video -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RegisterFilters64Action.B4AF8F71_B84D_453E_8241_2860184F17C0, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic Desktop Video\, command: regsvr32 /s DeckLink64.dll"

I checked in the above folder for the DeckLink64.dll file, and it was not there. I checked in the installer .msi file, and there is a DeckLink64.dll file in there - not sure why it isn't getting installed.

Thoughts anyone?

Return to Getting Started