UltraStudio Mini Recorder

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Steve Crawford

UltraStudio Mini Recorder

PostSat Jun 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Our group is using a MAC computer, UltraStudio Mini Recorder, Mini Converter HDMI to SDI, coax cable and cameras for a broadcast system. The person who set this system up has left. One of the installations is close enough that the coax is no longer necessary. I tried to connect the HDMI output from the camera directly into the UltraStudio Mini Recorder, eliminating the Mini Converter and coax cable, but did not get the video at the computer. Is it possible to make this altered set up function properly, or is it required to have the unnecessary pieces included?

I am new to these processes but am trying to learn everything I can about the hardware and software involved in our broadcast system. I appreciate any input anyone can give.

SamAngello

Re: UltraStudio Mini Recorder

PostFri Jun 23, 2017 10:02 am

How was your Mini recorder receiving the signal HDMI Or SDI If you were receiving it through SDI? You will need to use the software that came with the Mini recorder Two switche To HDMI port So you will receive signal to your computer

Return to Getting Started