Dual Intensity Pro 4K cards on Windows 10

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

SonySasankan

Dual Intensity Pro 4K cards on Windows 10

PostSat Jun 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Is there any way to get two Intensity Pro 4K cards to work together on Windows 10? I can get each card to work individually. But the minute there are two cards, Windows acts up funny... sometimes both not showing up in the hardware list... sometimes first one (in PCIe order) shows up alone and works.

I have heard that its an OS issue and that there is no issues in Linux and Windows 7. Here's my configuration:

Ryzen 5
AB350 - Gaming 3 Motherboard
32GB RAM
3 x 2TB HDD
RX 570 Graphics card
CM 750W PSU

I attempted installing Windows 7, but gave up because the keyboard and mouse stops working on Windows 7 installation screen. I tried all the combinations of having the USB3 drivers into the installation flash drive, disabling XHCI, etc.

Would really appreciate it if anyone found a workaround to this issue with Windows 10. Could it be some kind of conflict because of the same hardwares? Is there something I can do to get them to show up by deleting/editing some driver files or something on the registery editor perhaps?

Return to Getting Started