TV Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Cliff Whitney

TV Studio HD

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 8:52 pm

This is not a problem but I think it would be a good idea for someone to explain how to do a transition with the new TV Studio HD switcher. Especially for some of us who won't see one till August[.
Working without a T handle is new to some of us and I'd just like to know how this thing will add an effect with just pushing a button. Some graphics might help too.
Thanks to whoever the teacher will be.
Cliff Whitney in Charlotte, NC

Thomas Seewald

Re: TV Studio HD

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 6:55 am

The TVS HD may be my next mixer. Perhaps, I'll see it in a few days, when I visit my local dealer.
I think,a lot functions will only be available by using a console or a control computer. When I understood the manual, you can't do transitions like using a T-bar. But you can setup the duration of a transition in the setup menu and call the set Transition using the "Auto" button at the front panel.

If you need more functions, you may use the software "JustMacros" or design a small Arduiono-based "Extension-Box". This way, you can add T-bar function or missing buttons....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Cliff Whitney

Re: TV Studio HD

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Thomas Seewald wrote:The TVS HD may be my next mixer. Perhaps, I'll see it in a few days, when I visit my local dealer.
I think,a lot functions will only be available by using a console or a control computer. When I understood the manual, you can't do transitions like using a T-bar. But you can setup the duration of a transition in the setup menu and call the set Transition using the "Auto" button at the front panel.

If you need more functions, you may use the software "JustMacros" or design a small Arduiono-based "Extension-Box". This way, you can add T-bar function or missing buttons....

Ok, thanks Thomas, that helps some. It's probably easier that I thought.
Cliff

Return to Live Production