Will Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 work wi

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Marcin Gierlach

Will Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 work wi

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 3:38 pm

I would like to buy a card Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 but I am not shure if that card can work properly with my laptop. I use laptop lenovo ideapad 700-15isk with Intel Core i5-6300HQ. Could you tell me if that laptop and card can work together? If not – what should I do to work with card Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 comfortbly?

Robert Niessner

Re: Will Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 wor

PostSun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 pm

Marcin, this is a user to user forum, so if you need direct answers from Blackmagic, you have to contact their support.

Anyway, I highly doubt that anyone could tell you if the Intensity Shuttle will work with your specific laptop or not - because there exists thousands of different laptop models and configurations and nobody will be able to test all of them.

Your best bet is to order an Intensity Shuttle and try it and if it doesn't work send it back.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Xtreemtec

Re: Will Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 wor

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Well now comes the fun part. ALL usb 3 products are non refundable! At least in our country this is the case...

Because of the USB 3 product only work with a certain chipset (Renesas 722... something)..
A USB 3 chipset that is out of production for years now!! Yes there are people reporting it works on other chipsets.. But officially it is not tested or supported by bmd..

Hire or rent one from somebody.. Test if you can get it to work.. If so, take that route.. ;)

Most dealers will not accept refunds as the product is NOT faulty.. But you need certain hardware to run it on. And they will tell you, you had to read the specs and manual before you bought the product..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started