Getting BMD Intensity Extreme work with Framemeister

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

daniel_collin

Getting BMD Intensity Extreme work with Framemeister

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 9:02 am

Hi,

Even if I had my BM Intensity Extreme for a long time I have never gotten around to use it.

What I what to do now is to capture the output from a XRGB-Mini Framemeister. When reading around in the forum it seems that others has been able to get it to work with other BMD products but I'm unable to get anything but a black screen.

I connect the HMDI output directly from the framemeister. If I try to connect the framemeister directly to a monitor I get a correct image so it's working correctly.

Here is my current settings

I'm using a Mac Pro (2013) with macOS Sierra

I wonder if I need to do some specific settings (either on the framemeister or for the Intensity Extreme)

Cheers!

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Getting BMD Intensity Extreme work with Framemeister

PostWed Jul 05, 2017 10:57 pm

The Intensity Extreme supported formats maybe the limiting factor here. While there is no tech spec page for this product on our website anymore, you can use the UltraStudio Mini Recorder tech spec page to see what is allowed as far as resolutions and frame rates.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

daniel_collin

Re: Getting BMD Intensity Extreme work with Framemeister

PostThu Jul 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I think it's a bit of shame that there is no info at all about the Intensity Extreme on the website even if it's a legacy device.

Anyway, I was able to get this to work. What I had to do was to change a setting on the Framemeister for polarity. So if someone else runs into this problem change SYNC_SET -> H_POLARITY -> ON (Reverse H sync)

That made it work perfectly for me

Return to Getting Started