Blackmagic Video Assist issues

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Daniel Díaz

Blackmagic Video Assist issues

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 10:46 am

Hi, I bought a Blackmagic Video Assist and it doesn't show the focus peaking (It appears selected in the menu, but I can't see it on the image)
Also, I could not change the recording format (it's sticked on 50p), I tried different settings in the camera.
The video assist it's updated with the last firmware.

I can use 3D Luts, it works fine.

I tried with other firmwares but it doesn't work, in fact, it get worst. The image gets a strange green color.

The camera is a RED Scarlet-W.

Thanks.

Xtreemtec

Re: Blackmagic Video Assist issues

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 12:10 pm

What resolution are you sending over SDI to the VA?? And Was anything in focus while you had peeking on? :lol: Peeking mostly can be seen on sharp edges.. High contrast lines..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Daniel Díaz

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:What resolution are you sending over SDI to the VA?? And Was anything in focus while you had peeking on? :lol: Peeking mostly can be seen on sharp edges.. High contrast lines..

Hi! I'm working in 5K, but the monitor is set to 1080. And...yes, there is anything in focus :lol: I have a small HD monitor and the peaking works fine.

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

I re-read your question.. But you can't change the recording format differently then what your input. So if you input 1080 P50. you will record 1080 P50.. You can only change the codec and bitrate of the codec..

About the peeking i'm not sure why it does not happen.. I had a case were i could not get the zebra off for a while.. And all of a sudden after a few jobs it was off.. Nothing changed in the menu or software update.. So i blame it to Magic ;) :lol:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Pierre-Emmanuel Sudres

PostTue Aug 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi Daniel,

I have the same problem with focus peaking. Do you have like me the latest firmware 2.5?

Pierre

Return to Getting Started