BMPCC Monitor Issue

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jeremy Hartwood

BMPCC Monitor Issue

PostThu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums, thought I'd introduce myself first. I'm Jeremy.

I bought the BMMCC recently and purchased the Feelworld FW-760 external monitor for it from Amazon.

When recording in pro rez and any frame rate or shutter speed, I get a horrible lag/stutter from the monitor when panning left to right and filming in general. It's really annoying and off-putting. I'm sure theres a latency issue as well but the stutter is the main antagonist. Maybe I have bought a crap monitor? Its like the image jolts to one side for a split second and will do it at least once a pan.

Are there any monitors you guys recommend? Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks so much.

Gregg Guzman

Re: BMPCC Monitor Issue

PostFri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 pm

What kind of SD card are you using? Is the write speed high enough to keep up with the monitor you're using? Google write speeds and SD card comparability with that monitor.

Jeremy Hartwood

PostSat Jul 29, 2017 12:17 am

Gregg Guzman wrote:What kind of SD card are you using? Is the write speed high enough to keep up with the monitor you're using? Google write speeds and SD card comparability with that monitor.

I have a very fast card, the right one for using with Black Magic Cameras. Its a fault with the monitor and im getting a refund.

Ryan Payne

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 5:11 am

I have the smallhd dp4 which runs well with no lag, only hard too see in direct sunlight without the loupe. Focusing is okay but I rely on peaking. I'd suggest saving further and grabbing the new smallhd focus. Good resolution and size at 5" with virtually no lag and the ability to add luts and power the camera via an lpe6 dummy battery.

Jeremy Hartwood

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 1:59 pm

Gregg Guzman wrote:What kind of SD card are you using? Is the write speed high enough to keep up with the monitor you're using? Google write speeds and SD card comparability with that monitor.

Hey man i sent a reply but it hasn't been posted?

I use a SanDisk Extreme PRO 128 GB with 96 mb/s.

Jeremy Hartwood

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Ryan Payne wrote:I have the smallhd dp4 which runs well with no lag, only hard too see in direct sunlight without the loupe. Focusing is okay but I rely on peaking. I'd suggest saving further and grabbing the new smallhd focus. Good resolution and size at 5" with virtually no lag and the ability to add luts and power the camera via an lpe6 dummy battery.

Cheers, looks good but quite pricey.

Return to Getting Started