Blackmagic video assist setup

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Pascal Lebrun

Blackmagic video assist setup

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 8:05 am

Hello, I am French, I have just acquired the Black Magic Video Assist but I can not connect to my PC WINDOWS 10 64 bits for a possible update. I installed the Backmagik video assist setup but nothing happens. In addition, I can not select the language "French" in the setup of the device. Thank you

Quentin Smith

Re: Blackmagic video assist setup

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 am

I'm sorry I can't help with the Windows problem, I am a Mac user.

However, I can answer your other question. Languages must be selected in the Video Assist Setup application and downloaded onto the Video Assist - otherwise it only shows English on the device. So you need to get it connected to your computer to solve both your issues.

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 am

Have you tryed a different cable? Different port, Different computer? ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Pascal Lebrun

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 7:24 am

Hello, thank you for your help. I tried several different cables and on the different USB ports of my PC and it did not work. I tried on WINDOWS 10 64 bits, on WINDOWS VISTA 32bits, on WINDOWS SEVEN 32 bits in vain. I managed to install the software and make settings on a WINDOWS 8 64-bit PC. Have a good day and thanks again. :D

Return to Getting Started