Losing optic in front of sensor (BMPCC)

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Primadya Hidayat

Losing optic in front of sensor (BMPCC)

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 am

Hi guys, I just bought a secondhand BMPCC and I didn't know that this has lost optic in front of the sensor. Is there that part in the market ? and another problem is the image in the display turn into the Infra red, I think it's caused by the losing of the optic. Anyone can help ?
(sorry for my poor english)

Xtreemtec

Re: Losing optic in front of sensor (BMPCC)

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 5:48 pm

I think you try to say that your bmpcc has lost it's IR filter in front of the Sensor. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Primadya Hidayat

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:I think you try to say that your bmpcc has lost it's IR filter in front of the Sensor. ;)

Exactly, and where to buy those IR filter ? :(

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 6:01 pm

I don't think you can buy that seperatly..

The only thing i can imaging.. Is that the previous owner did stuff like star filming.. THis is were they pull the filter of the sensor..

There are 2 options i think.. 1 you send it in to BMD and pay the repair costs to replace the IR filter..
2 you buy a IR Cut screw on filter for your lens(ses).. That should solve your problem too..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Primadya Hidayat

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 4:19 am

Xtreemtec wrote:I don't think you can buy that seperatly..

The only thing i can imaging.. Is that the previous owner did stuff like star filming.. THis is were they pull the filter of the sensor..

There are 2 options i think.. 1 you send it in to BMD and pay the repair costs to replace the IR filter..
2 you buy a IR Cut screw on filter for your lens(ses).. That should solve your problem too..

Why do they pulled the filter out ?

I'm not sure if I can send this to BMD, because of the shipping cost. I've sent email to BMD and still waiting a reply.
The are many OLPF sucha as Rawlite and Mosaic Engineering, but the price's so creepy :D may be I'll try with the IR cut like you said.

Thank you for your help :)

Return to Getting Started