Media Express - Remaining Time

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Davy Rego

Media Express - Remaining Time

PostSun Jul 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi, we're using Blackmagic Media Express (together with a Blackmagic Design ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio,...) to playback some clips (rendered via Adobe Premiere using BMD Codec). During our live production there's the frustration that there's not "show remaining time" option (both for a single clip, but also for a list of multiple clips). So when counting down to the end of a video in order to know the presentator to start talking again, I really have to calculate the time remaining in my head :). There's the Timecode above the Video Preview, but I don't see the option to change this to "remaining time". Is there?

Second part of this question, when it's not possible to show the remaining time, like i suppose, is there another good alternative (software?) to playback one or multiple (=playlist) videoclips in a decent and efficient way.
If the same software can be used to capture video signals, it's nice to have but it's not a must.

Thanks in advance!

Jack Fairley

Re: Media Express - Remaining Time

PostMon Jul 31, 2017 6:46 pm

PlaybackPro has what you're asking for, but doesn't do capture. Since you're already using an ATEM you could try using a HyperDeck with the ATEM control feature for playback, and that could be use for capture in other situations.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Davy Rego

Re: Media Express - Remaining Time

PostWed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Jack Fairley wrote:PlaybackPro has what you're asking for, but doesn't do capture. Since you're already using an ATEM you could try using a HyperDeck with the ATEM control feature for playback, and that could be use for capture in other situations.

Thx! Interesting.
In the meantime I also found these software called "YouPlay" from Axel Technology (MS Windows only!), which - from my opinion - has a more up-to-date look-n-feel. I'll take a look at "YouPlay Free" in the coming days and if sufficient, I'll use that (or buy the pro version), otherwise I'll try "PlaybackPro", there's a "try-out' version too.

Return to Getting Started