No video feed through Decklink Duo 2

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

FrazerAsh

No video feed through Decklink Duo 2

PostTue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting a Decklink Duo 2 up and running. The card is installed in an HP Workstation running Windows 10 Pro. The intended goal is to capture 4 simultaneous video streams from a bank of D-VHS player/recorders (which will be achieved using Metus Ingest), but at this point, I'm unable to get even a single video signal through any of the connectors. I have assigned each of the SD connectors using Desktop Video as required.

To avoid confusion I opted not to use the Metus software at this stage, checking for the video signal using Media Express instead. That said, I checked out Metus Ingest briefly just now and it recognises the 4 assigned SD connectors. For this reason it seems unlikely that the capture card isn't physically installed correctly, but if there's another reason why this could be (i.e. how software can see it despite it not being correctly installed) I'd be very grateful for some elucidation there.

The card has been uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times in vain. I've tried three different DVHS decks (all work when connected simply to a monitor) but the card doesn't seem to recognise any of them.

I have also experimented with connecting to BNC from Scart, Composite, S-Video and RF (the decks' available output options), again to no avail.

If anyone can pick up on something I'm doing incorrectly from the above, or can suggest another approach, I'd really appreciate it. I'm no expert in these things, but am far from a luddite technically. I've also been using the Decklink Studio card in an older machine for some years now so am familiar with similar workflows.

Any and all help welcome. Thanks!

Frazer

Ian Morrish

Re: No video feed through Decklink Duo 2

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 9:16 am

The SDI connectors only receive Digital Video, not analog (Composite) video.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

FrazerAsh

Re: No video feed through Decklink Duo 2

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 3:19 pm

...Well that's embarrassing! I absolutely should have known that. Time to buy some converters in that case.

Thanks, Ian. Not sure I've ever been happier to look ignorant.

F

Return to Getting Started