Hyperdeck Studio Pro splitting files during recording

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Peter Fobia

Hyperdeck Studio Pro splitting files during recording

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 2:00 am

New user here with a brand new Hyperdeck Studio Pro. I'm responsible for recording our Sunday morning services at our church onto an SSD in the Hyperdeck. Then I'm supposed to transfer the recorded file to a Windows 10 computer for upload to our YouTube channel. The problem is that the Hyperdeck splits the recording into 2 files, the first one is about 30Gb, the second one is a little less than that. We are using a low res recording codec for the time being in order to get some experience with the process. However, I've had to edit those two files into one file in order to complete the upload to YouTube. Shouldn't I be getting just one large file? I can't find anything in the manual that tells me how to record just one file. Our services usually last about one hour and 45 minutes. Is there some limitation with the Hyperdeck that it can only record an hour at a time before starting a new file for another hour's worth of recording? There is plenty of disk space left on the SSD. Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Fobia
Parkway Church
Oak Creek, WI

Return to Getting Started