Newbie user of Hyperdeck Studio 2

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Michael Wright

Newbie user of Hyperdeck Studio 2

PostWed Aug 30, 2017 4:05 pm

I recently purchased Hyperdeck Studio 2, some questions I have figured to begin by asking on this forum.

1. How can I change date and time of DVR? Right now, I see date and time of files is April 2017.

2. Can BMD create a special control software to allow loop recording (like surveillance DVRs)?

3. Is there a way to delete specific files from front panel?

4. Is there a way to change slots? That is, if ready to record to Slot 1 but I want to start on slot 2?

5. When connecting to a computer, can it be done with a straight cable or a crossover? Would I need to connect using a router in between? When I connect direct, FTP program doesn’t recognize the DVR.

6. I am using Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, file sizes are 21.85 GB for 64 min duration from continuous recording, is there a way to have shorter durations so have smaller size though more files?

Michael

Xtreemtec

Re: Newbie user of Hyperdeck Studio 2

PostFri Sep 01, 2017 9:51 am

I recently purchased Hyperdeck Studio 2, some questions I have figured to begin by asking on this forum.

1. How can I change date and time of DVR? Right now, I see date and time of files is April 2017.
Connect it to your PC with USB and start the Hyperdeck software. It will take your computer time.

2. Can BMD create a special control software to allow loop recording (like surveillance DVRs)?
It is not a DVR.. It is a broadcast recorder and you never want to overwrite the start of your event you are recording in a broadcast enviroment. So no!

3. Is there a way to delete specific files from front panel?
No there is not. Only formatting the drive

4. Is there a way to change slots? That is, if ready to record to Slot 1 but I want to start on slot 2?
There is a way. It was holding the some button for a few seconds.. I think it was the Record button but not sure..

5. When connecting to a computer, can it be done with a straight cable or a crossover? Would I need to connect using a router in between? When I connect direct, FTP program doesn’t recognize the DVR.
Again it is not a DVR!! The Studio 2 has NO FTP acces.. The ethernet port is only for remote control!! The Hyperdeck Studio Mini does have some FTP functions but this is not very fast.

6. I am using Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, file sizes are 21.85 GB for 64 min duration from continuous recording, is there a way to have shorter durations so have smaller size though more files?
I wish they would add a way you could select a maximum filesize.. So if something goes wrong (Power faillure, crash etc.. You would not loose everything from start recording.. But no it is not possible.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started