Metabones Speedboost for Nikon, adding adapter to fit Canon

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Peter Canon

Metabones Speedboost for Nikon, adding adapter to fit Canon

PostMon Sep 11, 2017 9:41 am

Hi I was wondering if any one has any insight into adding an adapter to fit canon lenses to the Metabones speedbooster for Nikon lenses, It is the official one for the BMPCC. I purchased it with the Camera and want to use some of my Sigma lenses with canon mount using an additional adapter on my nikon speedbooster without spending the money on getting the canon speedbooster. I am worried about damaging the speedbooster or the lens by using an additional adapter, also what the result of function or loss of image quality would be. I understand the aperture and autofocus would not work using an adapter. If you could please give any advise, personal experiences that would be great. Thanks, Peter

Denny Smith

Re: Metabones Speedboost for Nikon, adding adapter to fit Ca

PostMon Sep 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Not possible. You can adapt Nikon lens to fit a Canon mount, as the Canon EF FFD is somewhat longer, than Nikon F. But you can not adapt a Canon EF lens to a Nikon adapter/mount, especially the Speed Booster, as first the FFD is wrong, next no way to power the EF lens from the Nikon SB.

Also stacking adapters is a bad idea anyway, you risk adding incorrect FFD alignment and increase the chance for loose lens mount attachment. Get a BMPCC EF Speed Booster for EF lenses, and keep,your Nikon SB for Nikon lenses.
DS
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Peter Canon

Re: Metabones Speedboost for Nikon, adding adapter to fit Ca

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 am

Thanks for your reply Denny, yes this is what I suspected would be the problem, cheers for your advice and information. I will keep my nikon lenses for my current speedbooster and look into getting a canon speedbooster in the future for my EF lenses. Kind Regards, Peter

Return to Getting Started