Fibre Optic Cables for Blackmagic Studio Cameras

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

chris-thompson

Fibre Optic Cables for Blackmagic Studio Cameras

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 am

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with finding some fibre optic cables for Blackmagic Studio Camera 2 4K.

I work at a college and we have recently aqquired three blackmagic studio cameras 2 -4k from another college for free along with the blackmagic atem studio converter 2. We are looking to purchse and ATEM mixer and Panel in the future.

We need to purchase some fibre optic cables for the cameras which are about 20 - 30 metres in length. However with me not being knowledgeable on these I am unsure which ones to buy or where to buy them from.

Would anybody be able to help in providing a link to somewhere in the UK i can purchase ones suitable for the job.

Many Thanks in advance

Xtreemtec

Re: Fibre Optic Cables for Blackmagic Studio Cameras

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 5:01 pm

You need SingleMode (SM) fibre with LC connectors to it.

But those are pretty fragile.. Not really suitable for College...

If i may advice you something:

This will convert the Fragile LC connectors to a sturdy field proofen cable that won't break easily.. ;)
And this the cable that you need for this. I have 12 spools in rental for over 3 years now and so far non of them have break down. :)
http://fieldcast.eu/products/cables/fie ... main-cable
You can contact Holdan in the UK. They are the dealer for this fiber system.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started