Please help Answer My Question

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Mike Hill

Please help Answer My Question

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 3:23 am

Okay, I'm brand new to the forum. I would like to say hello and thank you to all of you with wealths of knowledge. To the point:

I'm not knowledgeable in film/cameras/lenses. I' in business for myself and do a lot of public speaking mostly smaller hotel conference rooms and some larger conference centers. The conference centers obviously have stage lights but the conference rooms just have the normal room lights. It's not dim by any means but no added lighting. I'm in the market to purchase a BM camera, BM web presenter and I'm going to broadcast my business meetings and training to our team over livestream. I was going to purchase the BM micro studio camera as it's in my budget and cannot afford at the moment to get the URSA mini.
I was very excited and though this would work, but someone told me that the Micro Studio and all BM cameras with their Micro 4/3 lenses will not work for my needs because of the lighting and I will have blown my money.
After all that… Please help me know if you feel that they are correct or what I need to do. Would I be better off spending a little extra money on a Canon c100 or instead of the studio camera get the BM cinema camera or micro cinema?
Please and thank you for your help as I don't know a lot about this stuff.

Return to Getting Started