Is this Decklink 4K Extreme card defective?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Wim Van Schie

Is this Decklink 4K Extreme card defective?

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 4:25 am

Hi,

I purchased a secondhand Decklink 4K Extreme card. The SDI and HDMI inputs work well See the screen-dump of the vectorscope in a Resolve capture.
Decklink 4K Extreme SDI.png
SDI Capture
Decklink 4K Extreme SDI.png (192.57 KiB) Viewed 1634 times

However the when I capture via composite or s-video the colours are incorrect. See the vectorscope screen-dump.
Decklink 4K Extreme - Composite.png
Composite Capture
Decklink 4K Extreme - Composite.png (612.56 KiB) Viewed 1634 times

I am capturing SD PAL. I have used 3 different reference signal sources - same result (Teranex, TBS185, and AJA Gen10). I have similar issues with the analogue inputs on the Intensity Pro 4K card , but less pronounced.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Howard Roll

Re: Is this Decklink 4K Extreme card defective?

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 7:07 am

If you are capturing pal why is your capture preset configured for Japanese ntsc? Call me crazy but that's where I'd start.

Wim Van Schie

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 11:32 am

I referred this issue to BMD Support. They are able to reproduce the problem, but I am still waiting for news on a solution.

Howard Roll wrote:If you are capturing pal why is your capture preset configured for Japanese ntsc? Call me crazy but that's where I'd start.

The Decklink 4K Extreme actually auto detects and selects the input signal standard irrespective of the black level selection on the input config screen.

Wim Van Schie

PostThu Dec 28, 2017 8:21 am

Thanks BMD,

The analogue video levels are now correct after installing the Desktop Video 10.9.9 update. :D

Return to Getting Started