How to Use blacmagic setup for 4K ?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Ahsan Saeed

How to Use blacmagic setup for 4K ?

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 7:27 am

I have blackmagic ATEM 4K switcher, Sony Z150 4K Cameras and Hyperdeck which also support 4K so if i want to record multi-cameras with this setup what hdmi cable i need and whats the maximum length it can support. Currently we are working on Full Hd with SDI Cables with 50-100 metre in length and its working fine but what if i want to recording with same setup in 4K ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtreemtec

Re: How to Use blacmagic setup for 4K ?

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 1:25 pm

HDMI will only go up to 3-5 meters reliable.. So hdmi is not an option..

If you want to run 4K from those camera's you need a HDMI to 6 or 12G converter at every camera.
6G sdi cable if you have the right cable can go 75 meters.. If you have the right cable.!!
12G sdi will go up to 40/50 meter maximum and you really need special cable and connectors..

Fiber will go up to 20km if you want it to go there..

It is just a matter of how much money do you have to spend and will you really earn it back for the jobs you do.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Ahsan Saeed

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Can you recommend any HDMI TO 6G Converter ? My current cables are 6G so in that case i just need to have those converters. Please recommend the converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtreemtec

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 3:01 pm

There is only 1 that does 6G... Blackmagic mini converter 4K..

Yes there are several others now in the market.. But they are utterly expensive..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started