Network Card Issue with Atem Switcher

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

oliver.edwards

Network Card Issue with Atem Switcher

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi Guys,

I work in a large building with many different levels of network port active. I've received my kit and when I try and link it all together the Network Cards are effected and stop working. Can anyone please tell the correct type of network port or network card I need for this to work smoothly.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Oliver

Thomas Seewald

Re: Network Card Issue with Atem Switcher

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 pm

When you are working in a large building, is this also a big company ? One proble could be, that die network-ports were blocked by the computer divisions security team.

Another reason could be, that ATEMS need a fixed IP-Adress and in a lot of networks DHCP is used to configure the network preferences automaticly by a server. Maybe the ATEM is in a diffrent network subnet.

Take a look into the PCs network preferences, using the command ipconfig /all from a dos-promt (cmd).

You get an information like:
Ip-Adress 192.168.1.234
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
And finally if the DHCP on this PC is active/enabled or incative/disabled

Take a look into ATEM preferences (by default ist is the following address) by connecting it via USB to a computer and run ATEMs setup.

The ATEM has (normaly) 192.168.1.240

The first three numbers in the adresses must be equel (in this example 192.168.1.), when subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. When they dont match, ask your Computer technican for a free IP adress in the subnet and set the ATEM to this.

When the addresses are set correctly (maybe the PC to a fixed IP configured, no DHCP !), a direct connection between PC and ATEM (with a normal network cable) should work !
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Getting Started