Blackmagic Video Assist 5 inch

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

thomashijmans

Blackmagic Video Assist 5 inch

PostWed Oct 11, 2017 12:52 am

Hi,

When to expect the next update for the original Blackmagic Video assist 5 inch model with the desqueeze functionality. So I can desqueeze the 1.33x anamorphic footage in my monitor.

Greets,

Thomas

Xtreemtec

Re: Blackmagic Video Assist 5 inch

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 am

I hope we will see an update.. But looking at when the 5"came to market.. And the last few updates only updated the 4K version.. I guess the 5" development stopped.. :(

I guess we will see a new VA within 1 year from now with 12G-sdi 4K 60P.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV, ATEM TVS HD, Production Studio 4K, 2M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Hyperdeck Studio, SONY FS7 4K, JVC HM700 Full HD Camera

Matt Certa

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 4:42 pm

You'd have thought we would have heard something after that huge summer sale of the VA's. None of the vendors could keep them in stock for more than a few hours. I thought they were trying to get rid of inventory for something new.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 pm

They did something similair with the Pocket Camera 50% discounted as long as stock lasted..
But the camera was still available for 1 year..

But yes i think you will see some new VA coming in the upcoming months.. Normally you would expect it to release at NAB.. But BMD stopped releasing at trade shows.. So it could be days.. It could be months... It will be there when it is ready i guess.. :lol:
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV, ATEM TVS HD, Production Studio 4K, 2M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Hyperdeck Studio, SONY FS7 4K, JVC HM700 Full HD Camera

Return to Getting Started