Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 + PCI Card

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Sebastian Nagy

Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 + PCI Card

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 1:02 am

Hello,

System:
Asus X99-A - Motherboard
Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 - latest version of drivers
OBS - latest version - I'm using this since I'm recording live the interface it's a lot more simple than Blackmagic Media Express, and live streaming at the same time

From time to time I'm the recording doesn't have audio. Not even a computer restart fixes the issue. Does this ring a bell to anybody? Most of the time it's OK but sometimes it doesn't work.

I found online that the device is very picky when it comes to USB chipset, can this issue be caused by USB chipset? I'm recording 525i59.94, so I don't think it's really a resource issue.

If you think it's the chipset, can anybody recommend a good PCIe card? I'm in the States, so any online store is good.

Thank you,
Sebastian

Xtreemtec

Re: Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 + PCI Card

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Had several occasions that OBS did not include the audio when start streaming.. Needed to reboot the system to get audio back..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Sebastian Nagy

Re: Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 + PCI Card

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Sometimes reboot doesn't help. I need to change the audio sample rate to 44.1khz, restart OBS, then back to 48khz.

Do you have the NEC Renesas Chipset and the issue still happens?

Return to Getting Started