New Project Studio

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Dale Claiborne

New Project Studio

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 12:03 am

My boss just tasked me with building a new video production studio. I have been out of the game for about twenty years. My limited research brought me to blackmagic. I am looking for equipment. I need all of it, from camera to capture to edit to post, probably live stream capabilities as well as audio recording for some music production. Please help. The bid will go before a board in about a month. I would love to deal with one or two companies, excluding software and computers of course.

Marcus Strandepil

Re: New Project Studio

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 2:23 pm

Great news! You have an interesting period in front of you.
How exactly can we help? At least I, would need a lot more information and perhaps some direct questions to help you better.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Television Studio Pro HD, Hyperdeck Mini. Multiview 16, 2 x Dell 32" screens + SmartView 16" HD monitor. Converters.
PCs and MacBook Pros
Behringer X32 Producer for live sound processing and multitrack recording.
850 VA UPS
16 HU flypack.

Pavel Lavrov

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm

I would recommend agains going with BMD cameras, but depends on your production... also for audio recording and music production you might want to look else where.
Other than that, Video mixing and routing I would stick with BMD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pavel L

MambaFiber.com

PostThu Oct 26, 2017 4:19 pm

you didn't mention where in the world you are, or what kind of budget ballpark you are in. expect answers ranging from you can do it all with an iPhone to a multi million dollar system... perhaps an inclusion of production tasks and goals would be helpful as well.

that being said, for BMD gear this a good place to start-lots of good people here that have put together systems at both ends of the spectrum. although my own opinion often says gear from a variety of vendors is usually a better solution than sticking to just one brand.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Return to Getting Started