Sbus zoom

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Mike Guzman

Sbus zoom

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Ok i have the zoom set to channel 1 (the camera is on a different radio than the copter). This way i can zoom in and out with my left and control the gimbal with my right. I though the zoom was a rocker type but it acting weird. I push the left sick up and it starts to zoom out and then it stays and slowing goes back in. if i return the stick to center it zooms in again. Is there other settings in the camera to fix this?

any help would be greatly appreciated

StummerStecher

Re: Sbus zoom

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 11:54 am

maybe this depends on the lens. I have a Olympus 14-42 EZ lens and after steering up (depending on how much) the lens zoom up into extreme. The same when I press down, it zooms out into extreme at one of three different speeds. I cannot get it to zoom to anything between 14 and 42 mm, so it should not zoom when centered. Maybe the centre is not aligned very good?
Equipment: BMD Cinema Micro, Inquisition SBus Controller, H-H025K Lumix G 25mm f/1.7, ROKKOR 50mm f/1.4, FD 70-210mm F4.0, Laowa venus 7.5mm F2.0, Olympus ED 14-42mm 3.5-5.6 EZ, Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm 3.5-5.6, Liliput 7" monitor

Return to Cinematography