Can't play audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ben Sachs

Can't play audio

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 9:28 pm

The audio works for every application, but resolve. I have tried so many things for it to work, I am giving up. I was hoping I could get some assistance, especially from an employee. What happens is I hit the start button to play the clips, but no sound is emitted by my headphones or speaker. Thanks

Charles Bennett

Re: Can't play audio

PostSat Nov 11, 2017 5:45 pm

How can you expect any of us to help you without posting any information? What computer, OS and its' version, graphics card, RAM, version of Resolve, origin and type of video files etc?
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Andrew Martin

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 10:32 am

Couple o' things..

First off, this is a user forum not a direct link to BMD, their guys do look in every now and then but the answers will mostly come from other group members.

Secondly the sound out is usually piped back out though the playout card / device you are using and not generally available via the PCs speakers.

A.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Andrew Martin wrote:...the sound out is usually piped back out though the playout card / device you are using and not generally available via the PCs speakers.

Andrew is correct in that you'll need a playback device (DeckLink, UltraStudio, Intensity) to get audio to play out to a monitor/speakers.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Ben Sachs

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 10:45 pm

I have a playback device already that works fine everywhere else. Why would I need a new one.

I have new news. After days of messing around with it, I changed something in preferences that allowed one clip of audio to play, but not all of them. The one that does play was recorded on my phone, compared to the other ones recorded on my pc. I opened up the clips elsewhere and they are fine.

What I changed in preferences was that the output was undefined. I gave it an output and one clip worked.

fractionalist

PostTue Jul 12, 2022 7:12 am

Ben Sachs wrote:The audio works for every application, but resolve. I have tried so many things for it to work, I am giving up. I was hoping I could get some assistance, especially from an employee. What happens is I hit the start button to play the clips, but no sound is emitted by my headphones or speaker. Thanks

This clip solved the problem I had at 7:25

Return to DaVinci Resolve