Hyperdeck shuttle stuck in Uncompressed mode.

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Mark Baird

Hyperdeck shuttle stuck in Uncompressed mode.

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 1:56 am

I have one of the early Hyperdeck units and spoke with you at NAB 2017 about an issue with it's modes not being switchable anymore with newer versions of the software. it is stuck in 'uncompressed' mode and I cannot get it back to DNxHD mode. I was assured that this was a known bug and a fix would be coming out in a new version of the hyperdeck software. It has been well over six months and still, no new software release since NAB. any clue on when this bug will be fixed? BTW we are a PC house with no mac access so we are looking at the PC software. I have tried many existing versions of the software and nothing works.

Thanks

Mark Baird
Resolve 16 b x on HP Z 820 with 2x K5000 Quadros. Windows 10 build 17134. Two Intel Xeon E5-2680 CPUs at 2.7gig. 128 gig of ram.

Denny Smith

Re: Hyperdeck shuttle stuck in Uncompressed mode.

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 2:05 am

Is your Hyperdecks the ver 2, or the original ver1? Only the newer Ver 2can be switched to DNxHD or ProRes. The Ver1 is uncompressed only, as it’s video processor does not support compressed video modes, so a software update will not change this. That is why a Ver.2 was released, with a newer updated processor that could do compression on the fly to get DNxHD and RoRes.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Mark Baird

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 6:05 am

It is the version 2. it worked well for the first year I had it, I could switch it back and fourth with no problem. I havent used it in quite a while and now it no longer works with the current software. As I said, a Black Magic engineer at NAB said it was a known problem.

MB
Resolve 16 b x on HP Z 820 with 2x K5000 Quadros. Windows 10 build 17134. Two Intel Xeon E5-2680 CPUs at 2.7gig. 128 gig of ram.

Denny Smith

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 5:55 pm

You can try rolling back the FW, and reinstalling the newest version that includes upafes for the Shuttle 2. I know of a previous case where this worked.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started