BM Webpresenter (no no audio to stream).

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jamie Andrei

BM Webpresenter (no no audio to stream).

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 7:58 am

RESOLVED :mrgreen: - it was an audio/source switch in the laptop/PC audio control panel - be sure to enable the BM. Credit goes to Angelo from Dragon Image for the fix.

Hi Guys,

Going a bit mental - been Googling, researching, reading, on forums, YouTubing for hours.

Just got a web presenter - using it with no front panel right now - just the 1x cam patched in the back.

It shows up on the laptop as a device - but there is no audio at all - shows & previews video signal fine - but no audio feeding through to USB. I patched in via SDI & HDMI, plugged/tested in 2x different XLR mikes & still no audio to laptop.

Also checked & updated the firmware (latest version), restarted the laptop several times & even swapped out USB cords as part of a thorough test/remediation plan.

I also patched in a monitor for the post Web Presenter feed which has video & audio showing up post device (sweet, amazing audio to taunt me!) - SO - it suggests the Web Presenter is not sending out audio to USB (it's receiving fine - but not outputting to USB).

I even tweaked the last 2x dip switches into an auto mode & the front light changed from white to green - but still no audio.

Anything ideas? Every video & thread show the device with the smart panel & every post says it's just plug & play - going mental - the advice I got is that it should just work even without the smart panel with 1x cam.

Anything I am missing - any small switch or setting I might have missed? I could find nothing close to this issue on the internet.

Trying some beer now to see if that works.

Assistance would be welcomed.

SB.
Last edited by Jamie Andrei on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie Andrei

Re: BM Webpresenter (no no audio to stream).

PostSat Nov 25, 2017 5:00 am

RESOLVED - thanks to Angelo at Dragon Image - it's a mute setting in the laptop/PC audio control settings.

I did look there a couple times - but a second set of eyes help find it quickly.

Return to Live Production