Intensity Shuttle USB3 stopped working

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Robb Jones

Intensity Shuttle USB3 stopped working

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 am

This unit is 3 days old. I have used it on a MacBook Pro and a HP Envy laptop with microsoft 10. All USB ports on both computers work with other devices like printers, hard drives etc. The USB cable became disconnected from the MAC. I reinserted the cable and I got an error message that the device was not recognized. I then tried it on my HP and the same error message. I disconnected the camera from the Shuttle and plugged it into the hdmi port in my television and the camera showed up just fine like it had been doing through the Shuttle to my computers.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is the Shuttle defective?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB3 stopped working

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Robb Jones wrote:The USB cable became disconnected from the MAC.

This stands out to me as a few things so if you can elaborate on how the cable became disconnected, maybe there can be some further information as to what the reason the device is not being recognized. The most obvious question would be if you've tried a different USB 3 cable. Also, checking the port on the unit after it becoming disconnected to see if anything is loose, would also help others troubleshoot your issue.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Robb Jones

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB3 stopped working

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:
Robb Jones wrote:The USB cable became disconnected from the MAC.

This stands out to me as a few things so if you can elaborate on how the cable became disconnected, maybe there can be some further information as to what the reason the device is not being recognized. The most obvious question would be if you've tried a different USB 3 cable. Also, checking the port on the unit after it becoming disconnected to see if anything is loose, would also help others troubleshoot your issue.

Actually, I called tech support this morning and they believe that there is something wrong with the firmware and possibly the cable. I don't have another cable like this one so they want me to return everything to them so they can test the cable and reinstall the firmware if necessary. I appreciate your help!

Return to Getting Started