Quad 2 dead almost out of the box?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Neil Radman

Quad 2 dead almost out of the box?

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi has anyone else had issues with the Quad 2?

When I initially installed it, it would recognize a couple of input sources but now even they've stopped being recognized.

Initially the sources that worked would show in Desktop Video Setup but now there's nothing.

I've tried uninstalling the DVS that came with the card and downloaded and updated the lastes DVS but still get nothing.

The machine's an i7 on 270 chipset on Windows 10.

Really disappointed.

Xtreemtec

Re: Quad 2 dead almost out of the box?

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 9:54 am

Contact BMD support. See the website how to.

They will give you a few steps to check.. And if the card is still in waranty and the problem is in the card you will get an RMA and card gets checked by BMD.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Neil Radman

Re: Quad 2 dead almost out of the box?

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 1:26 pm

I don't know if anyone has seen this before or if it's indicative of a bigger problem but when I have nothing connected to the card all the outputs show just as 'NTSC'.

Once I get an input to work DVS shows a weird selection of outputs on different channels I haven't asked for or programed :?:

bm format changes.jpg
bm format changes.jpg (63.35 KiB) Viewed 685 times

Return to Getting Started