Output fails to Decklink Mini Monitor

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Greg Schafer

Output fails to Decklink Mini Monitor

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Hello all,
I just bought a Decklink Mini Monitor and am trying to test it using Media Express. The device installs successfully and is recognized by Device Manager as three different entries - Decklink Audio, Decklink Mini Monitor, and Decklink Streaming WDM.

Media Express as well as InstaPlayout by IndyTek are both unable to output to this Decklink Mini Monitor, to the point of locking up. Media Express will load a video, then freeze when trying to play through the Mini Monitor. I then can't close Media Express without forcing it from Task Manager, and then the Mini Monitor becomes unresponsive itself (neither Media Express nor InstaPlayout can address it).

Troubleshooting steps have included uninstalling and reinstalling the software, the drivers, downgrading to an older version of the drivers, changing from a pci-e 1x slot to a pci-e 16x slot, and now I'm trying Ubuntu on a USB stick to see if it's a Windows thing. My computer is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M80 with a core i5 and 4gb of RAM. I am at a complete loss as to how to properly output to the Decklink Mini Monitor without the software locking up. As the device is recognized by Device Manager, I don't think it's defective, but I'm thinking anything's possible at this point.

Update 1/15/18: On an Ubuntu live USB, after install and configuration of BlackMagic drivers and Media Express, I got the same results.

Thanks for reading.

Dmitry Dudkin

Re: Output fails to Decklink Mini Monitor

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 4:00 am

I have the same issue on Windows 10. All applications see the board and can switch resolution but just black output. Media Express hangs, many SDK examples hangs or stuck with no output.

Return to Getting Started