Looking for legacy software for OSX

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Lxixboss

Looking for legacy software for OSX

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 12:11 am

I just purchased a used Apple Mac Pro 4,1 in which I found a pair of Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCIe cards. There are no breakout cables, just the cards. From what I understand, as long as I don't mind limiting myself to HDMI, I don't need the breakout cable. Good! The problem is that I can't find the software (neither the drivers nor the applications). I contacted Blackmagic support and was basically told that it would be too much of a hassle for them to hunt down that old sofware so, I was SOL. I am wondering if there is someone in the community who would be good enough to point me to a location where I might legally obtain this software. From what I understand, when said software was available, it was free and didn't even require that the downloading party register. Be aware that I am not a broadcast professional... just a retired schmuck who found an interesting gadget that he would like to play with. Greetings from the Great White North, eh.

Xtreemtec

Re: Looking for legacy software for OSX

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi Richard,

It is just on the website for download. Nothing special required! When you get prompted for registering just look at the end of that fill out form and you will see Download Only. ;)
For more info check >>
Frequently Asked Questions - Capture, Playbackand Stream
> Point 4.01
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started