Purchase options?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Don Vanderloo

Purchase options?

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 5:42 pm

I'm ready to buy Resolve, but am noticing that the software needs to be purchased through a reseller (unless I'm missing something). Maybe a dumb question, but is this available as a digital download or only DVD? I just bought a shiny new iMac, and it doesn't have a CD/DVD player. I haven't played a DVD or CD on my computer for at least five years, so I'm not going to go out and buy a player just to install this software.

Dan Sherman

Re: Purchase options?

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Don Vanderloo wrote:I'm ready to buy Resolve, but am noticing that the software needs to be purchased through a reseller (unless I'm missing something). Maybe a dumb question, but is this available as a digital download or only DVD? I just bought a shiny new iMac, and it doesn't have a CD/DVD player. I haven't played a DVD or CD on my computer for at least five years, so I'm not going to go out and buy a player just to install this software.

The studio version comes on an SD card.
AMD 7950X | AMD 7900XTX (23.20.24) | DDR5-6000 CL30-40-40-96 2x32 GB | Multiple PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME | ASUS x670e HERO | Win 11 Pro 23H2 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 B7

Don Vanderloo

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Dan Sherman wrote:
Don Vanderloo wrote:I'm ready to buy Resolve, but am noticing that the software needs to be purchased through a reseller (unless I'm missing something). Maybe a dumb question, but is this available as a digital download or only DVD? I just bought a shiny new iMac, and it doesn't have a CD/DVD player. I haven't played a DVD or CD on my computer for at least five years, so I'm not going to go out and buy a player just to install this software.

The studio version comes on an SD card.

Perfect! My computer has a slot for that. Thanks.

Jack Fairley

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 6:50 pm

You can also download the latest version from the BMD support site - what comes on the SD card will be out of date.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Xtreemtec

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Indeed.. And you buy only a license key.. As the rest is a download and register system.

You can start off with the free version of resolve and install it. Then later put the license key on it to get all features ;)

You can click download on this page: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 5:25 am

Xtreemtec wrote:Indeed.. And you buy only a license key.. As the rest is a download and register system.

You can start off with the free version of resolve and install it. Then later put the license key on it to get all features ;)

You can click download on this page: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

The full feature version is a different download compared to the free version. Adding a dongle or license key does not make a free into a full version.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to Getting Started