Mini Recorder to PC labtop via USB (3)

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Retriever

Mini Recorder to PC labtop via USB (3)

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 1:05 am

These forums are great and thanks for putting up with us new users, we're all just trying to get up and running and a little push is much appreciated. I was able to get my new Ultra Mini recorder connected to my iMac and was getting video up on OBS software. I purchased a new PC based labtop for church to use the mini recorder and top specs, HP Omen with 7i processer 1050 Nvidia card, and it has a USB (3) port with a lighting bolt icon which I was told at best buy is a thunderbolt connection. I connected by Ultra Mini Recorder to the PC via a the USB (3) to a adapter (Apple brand) that allowed me to connect a thunderbolt 2 between it and the Ultra Mini Recorder. I could not get it to detect a video signal from my camera, and no wonder the power light on the recorder is not on indicating no power to the Ultra Mini recorder. I'm stuck, is my new laptop not capable, do I have a cable issue? I thought this would be a slam dunk, any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Return to Getting Started