The Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle could transfer data faster

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

steveplab

The Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle could transfer data faster

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 5:30 am

I'm running a Mac Pro x58 chipset with Bootcamp on a Windows 7 64-Bit. I've installed an ASUS U3S6 USB 3.0 PCie card in it. I've installed the drivers that came with it, including the RENESAS drivers. I've installed the USB 3.0 driver from BlackMagic. Upon restarting, it asks for a firmware update and a message stating "The Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle could transfer data faster if it is connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port." What can I do to ensure that the USB 3.0 port is at it's full bandwidth to get the Shuttle to output a signal?

steveplab

Re: The Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle could transfer data fas

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 7:02 am

Anyone?

Stewart Fairweather

Re: The Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle could transfer data fas

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Make sure your USB3 PCIe card is in a 4x slot, not the 1x slot that matches the connector shape.

X58 M/Boards use a separate controller for the 1x slots that is not of a high enough bandwidth to deliver USB3 functionality.

This information was not in the BMD user or install guides the last time I checked, which was annoying given the X58 motherboard were the 'recommended' hardware for when the Shuttle was released.

Search my previous posts for further info, I got the USB3 shuttle to work on an X58 ASRock M/Board, and in a Lenovo Edge 520 laptop.

Be aware that the Shuttle has also had some of it's functions deleted in more recent firmware, such as being able to output via HDMI and down-converted analog at the same time - another P.I.T.A. when you have it connected both a Shogun and a 28" Trinitron that's been modded for 16:9 display.

Return to Getting Started