How to create files for hyperdeck from Windows

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jadfer

How to create files for hyperdeck from Windows

PostWed May 02, 2018 12:27 am

Hello all,

I have searched the internet and this forum for almost a full week and have yet to find the answer. I apologize in advance as I am new to the industry and may not know the correct terminology for the issues I am having.

The summary is that regardless of what format I attempt to use, the files I create will not playback on the hyperdeck mini. The hyperdecks have been updated to the latest version.

I am unable to purchase a mac and they do not sell the OS without hardware so I have no choice but to make this work for Windows which also means.. I am unable to use Prores.

I have been using AME to export using the DNxHD SQ 1080i 59.94, with pretty much every single variation with no success.

I have recorded video from the hyperdeck, added it in AME, matched source, output the file.. it won't play. I brought into AME CC 2018 and it recognized it as H.264... the codec setting on the deck is DNxHD 145 MXF.. is that right? In any case it didn't work.

I did notice that on the hyperdeck there are the two audio channels that are in a separate file A1 & A2 but AME and Premiere do not create those files. Would that prevent it from playing?

I have searched for presets for AME but for the most part they are all based on Prores.

Thanks

Johnny

Xtreemtec

Re: How to create files for hyperdeck from Windows

PostWed May 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Welcome to the club..

I'm pushing for a year now to get the codecs documented, or presets to download, or at least Davinci Resolve support for rendering files for the Hyperdecks.. But so far it did not end up in any good result..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

j2will

PostMon May 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I am just starting with my hyperdeck studio mini.. I am having trouble getting my videos from my sandisk to upload onto my windows comp.. any pointers?

Harry Parker

PostWed May 09, 2018 3:04 am

What codec are you recording in? I use a ProRes 422 so the file just shows up as a .mov, I just click and drag. If you're using a DNxHD codec you may need an Avid codec for whatever player/edit software you're using.

pm@NYSMSC.net

PostWed May 09, 2018 2:54 pm

jadfer wrote:..., the files I create will not playback on the hyperdeck mini...
...I have been using AME to export using the DNxHD SQ 1080i 59.94...

According to docs(table on page 21) the Mini supports Avid DNxHR not HD. Try using DNxHR HQX 10-bit and see if that helps. I'm still awaiting deliver of the Mini, so let me know your results. Thanks.

Return to Getting Started