Intensity Pro 4K & AT-UHD-EX-70C-KIT Signal Extender Issue

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jm_2018

Intensity Pro 4K & AT-UHD-EX-70C-KIT Signal Extender Issue

PostWed May 09, 2018 7:32 pm

I'm trying to get a camera signal passed through a signal extender using Cat5/6 cable and an Atlona AT-UHD-EX-70C-KIT signal transmitter/receiver before it is passed into an Intensity Pro 4K for recording purposes on a Mac Pro Tower.

I had this working before it went on-site without the signal extension kit using a Panasonic HC-V770, however, I'm now unable to get any signal with the transmitter/receiver in place on-site.

I've been trying to figure out some sort of solution for this but drawing blanks as to what could be the issue.

I'm not entirely sure if this could be an HDCP issue or if the video output signal being YCbCr is a problem (I haven't used a BM product with that particular output before) or another format/spec issue.

Any help or ideas on this would be amazing.

Xtreemtec

Re: Intensity Pro 4K & AT-UHD-EX-70C-KIT Signal Extender Iss

PostThu May 10, 2018 9:53 am

HMDI over CAT extenders are notoriuos for there problems.. In a office enviroment they often work great. But as soon when you pull other cables next to the CAT cable that carry different signals you get into flicking images or no images at all.. :roll:

My expierence is from HD era.. I see this is a UHD set so i guess to problems could be more due too higher frequencies..

If i need to transport HDMI over length of cable i always go the SDI route. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

jm_2018

Re: Intensity Pro 4K & AT-UHD-EX-70C-KIT Signal Extender Iss

PostThu May 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that being a potential issue as the only other cables that are running in to the install are the cat5/6's for the video wall. I'll have to see if I can't get a straight signal out to a monitor bypassing the computer/intensity pro before trying to troubleshoot this further.

Return to Getting Started