HD-SDI input problem

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

PatrikWipp

HD-SDI input problem

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi Im trying to get a signal in to my ATEM Television studio from a computer via an HDMI to SDI Mini converter. I'm running everything in 720P/50. If I connect the HDMI to SDI Mini converter directly to the Projector i Get a signal, but when I try to input the signal to the ATEM Television studio I get nothing.
The other day I got signal but used another computer as input into the HDMI to SDI Mini converter. I just can't get my head around that even though I know I have picture out from the HDMI to SDI Mini converter I do not get it into the ATEM Television studio. Is there som sync problem I'm not aware of?

Patrik Wipp

Thomas Seewald

Re: HD-SDI input problem

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Sure, that the PC really outputs 720P/50 ? What happens, when the PC is connected to an HDMI-Input ?
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

PatrikWipp

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 pm

It works perfectly when connected to the HDMI ports, the problem is that I need to have the PC(mac) on stage and I have only HD-SDI connections from stage to FoH, The one time I had it working was with another mac but that one did not work directly into HDMI, only via the converter, I find it mysterious.

PatrikWipp

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Problem solved, restarted the ATEM Television studio after connection and Bam! -signal, felt a bit like a nuub :D . Odd that the only way to restart is by literally pulling the plug.

Richard Crowley

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 5:54 am

This is already becoming an FAQ on other BMD-related forums. The ATEM switchers seem to do some of their mode detection ONLY during power-up, and so require "rebooting" when changing any of the parameters or introducing new input sources.

Return to Getting Started