Using MicroConverter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI w/ iMac/Premiere

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

nickicide

Using MicroConverter BiDirectional SDI/HDMI w/ iMac/Premiere

PostThu May 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to send a video signal from my Adobe Premiere program window to an external Panasonic broadcast monitor using the new BM bidirectional microconverter. Currently, all I've been able to do is mirror my computer desktop on the broadcast monitor, and only after adjusting my computer's image scale to 1080i

The path is
iMac 5K retina (late 2014) High Sierra w/Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1 > thunderbolt/HDMI adapter > HDMI > BM Bi-SDI/HDMI converter > SDI > Panasonic bt-lh2600wp

I've never tried to output my Premiere program monitor with anything besides HDMI, but I've never had issues in the past. I'm new to this, but I think I basically have 2 questions...

Is there a way to adjust settings to view my editing interface on the computer in 5K and output a 1080i signal to the external monitor with the program monitor image? Perhaps this requires two video cards?

Why is the "playback" option in the Premiere menu not seeing my monitor/BM converter at all?

Return to Getting Started