H.264 Pro Recorder not detected by Desktop Video in OS X

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

dodecafono

H.264 Pro Recorder not detected by Desktop Video in OS X

PostSun Jun 03, 2018 3:30 am

Hello!

I just bought a H.264 Pro Recorder and installed the Desktop Video Setup 10.10 software. After that, I plugged the device and powered on. Media Express detected the H.264 with no problem and also I captured some tapes with no problem. In the other hand, when I opened Desktop Video Setup the "No Desktop Video device detected" message appeared. I've missed a step? I need to install drivers for the device in order to access to the options?

I'm running the soft in a late 2010 MBP with OSX El Capitan

Thanks in advanced!!

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: H.264 Pro Recorder not detected by Desktop Video in OS X

PostMon Jun 04, 2018 10:16 pm

This device does not offer any configuration and is not detected in Desktop Video Setup. If you are able to capture with Media Express, the device is working as intended.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

dodecafono

PostFri Jun 08, 2018 2:37 am

Tony Rivera wrote:This device does not offer any configuration and is not detected in Desktop Video Setup. If you are able to capture with Media Express, the device is working as intended.

Thanks for your reply

srbh41413

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 12:33 am

Tony Rivera wrote:This device does not offer any configuration and is not detected in Desktop Video Setup. If you are able to capture with Media Express, the device is working as intended.

Tony - I was a bit confused on this at first also because the support site offers Desktop Video 10.11.4 after searching on "h.264 pro recorder". This results in a folder with several items, but not Media Express. I happened to have installed it previously for another device, so was able to find my way.

Seems the support search on h.264 pro recorder should offer Media Express, no?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Return to Getting Started