Intensity Pro Not Recognizing Signal from Video Card

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Vitaminbp1

Intensity Pro Not Recognizing Signal from Video Card

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Hello, I searched but did not find anything similar to this.

I have 2 Windows 10 PCs in a house of worship, 1 PC running ProPresenter the other using Wirecast for live broadcast to YouTube.
In the broadcast PC I have 2 Intensity Pro cards (not the 4k versions)
I have a Canon video camera connected to one card and recently tried connecting the 2nd output (HDMI) from the presentation PC into the other Intensity Pro.

Blackmagic Video utility won't see it. Both cards see the Camera, I even split the camera signal to both cards at one point of testing and that works no problem.
For the video card, which is an nVidia GTX1050 with 2 gb DDR5, I tried HDMI out direct to Intensity Pro, tried both cards and no signal, the video utility doesn't even see them or appears to not see them, whereas with the camera it shows the signal readily as 1080i 59.74 but when the HDMI from the video card is connected and sending a signal such as ProPresenter to 2nd display, then the video utility doesn't recognize there is anything connected.

I don't think this is necessarily a hardware problem, I think I just must be missing something probably very simple I just haven't been able to figure it out, so hoping someone here might know or have suggestions to try.
Thank you in advance for any help!

Return to Getting Started