Choosing videocard for beginner

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

admitri

Choosing videocard for beginner

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Hello! I want to upgrade my PC and have the question: which video card from the category to $ 250 should I choose? I'm only working with 1080 videos and in the next 2-3 years I don't plan to work with 4K (I'm the beginner)
I choose Ryzen 3 1300 x as the processor for this installation. Sorry for my English.

RCModelReviews

Re: Choosing videocard for beginner

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 6:18 am

Well I'm having good luck with my GeForce GTX1060 6GB and that's in about that price range I think.
Resolve 18.1 Studio, Fusion 9 Studio
CPU: i7 8700, OS: Windows 10 32GB RAM, GPU: RTX3060
I'm refugee from Sony Vegas slicing video for my YouTube channels.

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 9:30 am

Do you want to upgrade an existing graphics card for your computer, or are you searching for an additional video card for capturing and playback video signals ?
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

admitri

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Thomas Seewald wrote:Do you want to upgrade an existing graphics card for your computer, or are you searching for an additional video card for capturing and playback video signals ?

I want to upgrade my Radeon HD 7570

admitri

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 8:18 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Well I'm having good luck with my GeForce GTX1060 6GB and that's in about that price range I think.

No, its price is about 300$ and if I buy it then I won't be able to upgrade other parts of the computer such as CPU, memory etc.

Farmboy

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 pm

I dont think you should worry about your Video card unless its being used to out put your screen. Its an output device. More important is the CPU & Memory. The input could be anything really as this can be manipulated. I am just trying with low level input so far OK.

admitri

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Farmboy wrote:I dont think you should worry about your Video card unless its being used to out put your screen. Its an output device. More important is the CPU & Memory. The input could be anything really as this can be manipulated. I am just trying with low level input so far OK.

I wasn't worried about my video card until davinci started falling. I thought it was because of my RAM but the monitoring tells me that I didn't use more that 50% of the memory

Return to Getting Started