Help setting up Black Magic Camera

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jffryanthony

Help setting up Black Magic Camera

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi All,

During Memorial Day Holliday someone broke into my office and stole a bunch of laptops and I believe they damaged my Black Magic Studio Camera 4k and or my Ultra Studio 4k. I'm really unsure as to where to start. The thief tried to steal the camera but he couldn't get it off the tripod and I believe he may have damaged the SDI ports on the Camera because the cables where severely bent. I recently replaced the laptop and the SDI cable. I've installed the Black Magic media express software and when I try and use any software MimoLive or OBS it shows a black stagnant image when it normally would have had an image. The system and apps are detecting the hardware but I'm only getting black images. Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for rambling.

Best,

Jeff

Xtreemtec

Re: Help setting up Black Magic Camera

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Mac?? If so has the new machine Sierra??
If so>>See Frequently Asked Questions - Capture, Playbackand Stream >Point 4.05 ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

jffryanthony

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 pm

I'll definitely check this out. Thank you very much! :D

Denny Smith

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Also, try just connecting the camera directly to a SDI Monitor to check the camera’s SDI ports are OK.
Sorry for your loss. :(
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

jffryanthony

PostThu Jun 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Thank you all, the Mac does have High Sierra, I went to a few camera places and they didn't know what to do. My boss just dropped the camera off at a camera repair store but I'll definitely tell them to hook it up to a SDI monitor! Thanks Denny!

Return to Getting Started