Intensity Pro 4k - Misidentified

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

alexmbat

Intensity Pro 4k - Misidentified

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Current Setup:
asus crosshair vii hero
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200
Nvidia Titan XP
AMD Ryzen 2700x
Windows 10 64 Bit

Nothing else is attached internally other than the card itself and hard drives, recent updates to both windows and desktop software have not worked at resolving this issue. The card was working for a while, even through multiple system changes. I've tried every version of the software down to 10.6.5. I have attempted to put it in every compatible slot in the motherboard, it doesn't resolve it. The only thing i can think of is rolling back the bios or trying a clean boot of windows.

Any suggestions?

Massimiliano Celindano

Re: Intensity Pro 4k - Misidentified

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi Alex, is the card listed in device manager?

alexmbat

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Yes, I've "uninstalled" the device through device manager, then reinstalled the drivers. I've changed out slots just to see if it made a difference.

Update: No longer see it in device manager, fan doesn't spin. Other PCI devices I tried have identified and work correctly. Only thing I can think of is either replacing the card or the motherboard.
Last edited by alexmbat on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Massimiliano Celindano

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 10:00 pm

That's weird! Your card is seen as DeckLink SDI 4K instead of Intensity Pro 4K. Ok, make sure to uninstall everything regarding BlackMagic Design, then shutdown the PC. Move your card to another PCI-E slot (beware if any SSD is installed on M.2 slot, PCI Express X4_3 Slot runs only @ X2 - M.2 mode - so you'd better not use it with your IP4K), turn on the PC and reinstall the whole Desktop Video package (10.11), not just the drivers through device manager.

Massimiliano Celindano

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm afraid that somehow the IP4K firmware may have been corrupted. I suggest to contact your local BM support and ask for a RMA.

alexmbat

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Thanks for the help, I do not have an m.2 SSD, however I did try what was suggested and it didn't work. Not the best of circumstances, but based on what I've skimmed through on the forums, this isn't a normal issue. Could have been a voltage difference on the board that may have shorted out the firmware. I'll look into checking that as well.

Return to Getting Started