MiniRecorder not working after internal soft update failure

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

methylbro

MiniRecorder not working after internal soft update failure

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 9:57 am

Last time I wanted to use my UltraStudio Mini Recorder, it asked me an update. But the process failed (I don't know why, my computer has freezes at this point. Maybe due to another software.) and now I can't use my UltraStudio MiniRecorder device.

Now when I plugg it in to my MacBook Pro, it seems that the device doesn't want to start because the little warning light do not turn on as usual.
Of course I tried on different computers (and different operating systems) with also different Thunderbolt cables.

Does he exists a solution to manually reinstall internal software of the Mini Recoder myself ? Do I have to send back ma device to the BlackMagic lab support to do so ? Or should I consider it now my UltraStudio MiniRecorder as a piece of garbage ? :(

I'm a bit desapointed because I own this Mini Recorder only for a few weeks and after just one or two usage It fall out out of order.

Thanks for help,
Thomas.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: MiniRecorder not working after internal soft update fail

PostFri Jun 29, 2018 4:41 pm

If the device failed to update due to a cable being removed or even a computer freezing/application closing during the update, the product has been bricked and would need to be sent to the support office in your region to attempt a recovery. Please contact the office to set this process up.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

brysund

Re: MiniRecorder not working after internal soft update fail

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 5:15 pm

The update started after I plugged the mini recorder into a 2nd laptop I planned on using and after about 3 minutes a message popped up saying the device could not be updated. I have a backup but I am nervous about plugging that one in and the same thing happening. Do I need to send the recorder in to get it functional again?

Thanks

Return to Getting Started