How to stop "Software Update Required!" notification?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

kevinrlacy

How to stop "Software Update Required!" notification?

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Hello folks,

I'm new to this forum and I have a question I hope someone here will be able to help me with...

I have an old Intensity Pro Internal PCI card installed on a dual-boot Win7/Win10 system. The card works perfectly on my Win7 system but every time I boot up on the Win10 partition, I am greeted with a small window telling me that a software update is required. I click on "Don't Update" but I still get this message each time I boot in Win10. I don't want to update the software for many reasons (mostly because it works fine with my Win7 setup and I don't want to mess with that). So, my questions is, is there a setting (I would even be fine with a registry change) to stop this "Software Update Required!" dialogue box from appearing every time I boot Win10?

The dialogue box looks similar to this image except I have and old version of the Intenisty Pro internal PCI card, not the 4K version

I thank you all in advance for your help with this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Xtreemtec

Re: How to stop "Software Update Required!" notification?

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Probabbly you have a different version of Desktop video installed on your Win 10 partition then is installed on your 7 partition..

So desktop video on your 7 partition did update it to version " A " While Win 10 Partion Desktop video is Version " B " So it prompts you to update your card because the firmware on the card is different from the software version of desktop video.!! ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started